Wedding Services

Marriage is a very special time in the life of a couple and I believe your day should be treated with the greatest of respect and care.
"Life to me is very precious and for people to find a soul mate is very, very special."
I will work with you to create a personal, memorable ceremony.

If you accept my services you will be provided with:

  • Unlimited phone and email consultations
  • If required I will provide use of a signing table, chair and cloth.
  • The Provision of a portable PA system so guests can hear the ceremony
  • A resource folder which contains all legal documents required.
  • Sample ceremonies, verses, and ideas such as candle and sand ceremonies that may be added and personalized.
  • On completion of your ceremony I will provide you with a beautiful bound copy of your ceremony as a memento of your day.
  • I will prepare and register your marriage documents with the Births, Deaths and Marriages Registry.

Legal requirements

You must complete a Notice of Intended Marriage form and both sign it in the presence of a qualified witness. The following people can witness your signature:

If you sign the notice in Australia

  • authorised celebrant
  • justice of the peace
  • commissioner for declarations
  • barrister or solicitor
  • legally qualified medical practitioner
  • police officer (federal, state or territory).

If you sign the notice outside Australia

  • Australian diplomatic officer
  • Australian consular officer
  • authorised Commonwealth employee
  • authorised Australian Trade Commission employee
  • notary public.

I will provide you with the required form or you can download it from Births Deaths and marriages QLD
or click on 'NOIM'

You must lodge the 'NOIM' with the authorised celebrant a minimum of one calendar month prior to the date you wish to get married. For example, if you lodged the notice on 25 June, the earliest date you could get married would be 26 July.The notice is valid for 18 months from the date it is received by the celebrant.

Documents you will require

To comply with all of the legal requirements of the Notice of Intended Marriage, the celebrant must sight the original following documents for the bride and groom before there ceremony can take place:

For people born in Australia

  • an original birth certificate.
  • If a birth certificate is not obtainable a Passport. (The Australian goverment will accept an Australian passport for this purpose)
  • evidence of any name changes
  • Photo id

For people born in another country

  • an original birth certificate of that country, or
  • an original current passport of another country showing date and place of birth.
  • Evidence of any name changes
  • Photo id

In addition, for people previously married

  • an original decree absolute or divorce certificate, or
  • an original death certificate of a deceased spouse.

If a document is not in English, an official translation, in addition to the original, is required.
If you are unable to meet up with me personally when handing me your Notice of Intended Marriage form and I am not able to sight all original documents as stated in the above.

Please express post (in case the documents get lost –tracking number) Fax or Scan

Please send the Original Notice of Intended Marriage form and photocopy All Documents as stated in the above signed by a Justice of the peace or signed by the appropriate authority as listed above.

Please bring all original documents on the day of your wedding so I can sight them. Photocopies of documents cannot be accepted on the day.